Our preferred guests are responsible and quiet. We have worked hard to provide a very nice, clean place for vacationers to enjoy. In return, we ask guests to be respectful and take care of our home. If your mama raised you right, we will get along just fine! A full list of house rules is included in the lease below and will also be provided before your trip.
TENANT hereby agrees to rent the premises situated in Baldwin County, Alabama and located at Sea & Sun Condominiums, 1138 West Beach Boulevard Unit#206, Gulf Shores AL 36542.
Tenant must provide to landlord full disclosure of tenant’s physical home address, driver's license, home phone number, cell phone number and email address before tenant is provided access to the unit. Tenant acknowledges and agrees that booking this unit and/or payment of monies (security deposits, rental fees, etc.) constitute lawful execution of this rental agreement even though actual handwritten signatures may be absent.
1. Term: The term of this rental is for nights specified at time of booking. Check in shall be at 3:00 p.m. on the first day of said rental. Check out shall be at 10:00 a.m. on the last day of said rental.
2. Security Deposit: Upon execution of this rental agreement, tenant will deposit with landlord the sum of Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00), which is to be held as collateral security and applied on any rent or any other charge that may remain due and owing at the expiration of this agreement, any extension thereof or holding over. Said deposit shall be applied on any damages to the premises caused by tenant, his family, invitees, employees, trades people or pets, or other expenses suffered by landlord as a result of a breach of any covenant of this rental agreement. Said monies will be refunded within ten days of guest check-out date if there are no physical damages to the unit or its contents or unit items missing. In the event that damage or missing items exceed the $300 security deposit, tenant agrees to compensate landlord for said sum within ten (10) days of notification by landlord of said damage.
3. Payment of Rent: Tenant agrees to pay 100% of the total due before check-in date.
4. Occupancy and Use: The premises are to be used only as a private residence for tenant (s). The premise shall be occupied by no more than 2 persons, including children. The premises shall not be used for any purpose other than a private residence without the prior written consent of landlord. Further, tenant agrees that said unit will be occupied by at least one adult at all times, and that said unit shall not be rented on behalf of minors and/or persons under the age of 21 years. Tenants discovered to be using the premises for house parties or other similarly described activities shall immediately forfeit their lease and all associated monies and must vacate immediately upon notification by Landlord.
5. Assignment of Agreement and Subletting: Tenant will not sublet the premises or any portion thereof, or assign this rental agreement without the prior written consent of Landlord.
6. Pet Fee: Tenant agrees that no pets will occupy condominium unit without prior permission of landlord. In the event tenant keeps a pet in the condominium unit, tenant agrees to pay a nonrefundable fee of $100.00. Further, tenant agrees to clean up any waste, excessive hair, or other messes left or caused by the pet in the condominium unit and/or the common grounds of the condominium complex. Pet fee does not cover damage to property caused by pet. Landlord is not responsible for infractions to other persons by pet (biting, aggression, damage to property, etc.) Tenant hereby agrees to hold landlord harmless from the same.
7. Cleaning Fee: Tenant agrees to pay the sum of $100.00 as a cleaning fee prior to the rental of this unit. Tenant is required to leave unit in reasonable order. Damages to unit or its contents are subject to the terms and conditions of paragraph three (3) (Security Deposit). A list of the check-out criteria is emailed to the tenant for tenant’s review and is incorporated herein by reference. Observe the unit and make sure it is in reasonable order. Note that the total rental bill includes a charge to cover "normal" cleaning throughout the unit. While you are not expected to vacuum and mop, you are expected to leave kitchen appliances (i.e. oven and refrigerator), crockery, kitchen utensils, and bathroom appliances clean. If the unit is left in an unacceptable state, further monies may be retained from the Reservation/Damage Deposit.
a. Remove all trash and place inside the dumpster. Extra trash bags are in the kitchen. $10
b. Wash and return dishes neatly to the cupboards where found. Do not leave dishes in the dishwasher. $10 if dishes are clean.
c. Dirty dishes left in sink, dishwasher, or cupboards $20.
d. DO NOT use metal utensils on the non-stick or ceramic cookware. Scratched cookware $25 minimum.
e. PLEASE NOTE - The stove top cooks very hot, and the cookware is designed for low temperature cooking. Use caution when cooking. Also, the blue melamine dinnerware is NOT microwaveable.
f. Leave the same linens that were here when you arrived. Do not leave wet towels on the bed or bedroom floor. Do not take sheets, blankets, or spreads to the beach. The parking lot pavement sealer leaves black stains on linens. DO NOT use any linens to remove the stains from your feet. $10 or replacement cost.
g. Remove NOTHING from the unit for any reason! The unit has been inventoried and photographed and is carefully checked after each departure. Break it or take it - you pay for its replacement.
h. Extra cleaning time due to cooking spills, food left in the refrigerator, spills or damage to the floors, furniture, etc. $20 minimum.
i. This is a NO SMOKING unit. Any evidence of smoking will cost you the entire $300 deposit.
j. Enjoy the climate control, but on your way out, turn thermostat to 74 in warm months and 65 in cooler months.
k. Make sure door is shut and locked everytime you leave. To lock door press the Schlage button.
l. Parking: Tenant is authorized to the use of one parking space underneath the building wherein said unit is located. Additional parking is available in the general parking lot of the condominium complex. Tenant acknowledges that other unit owners have priority use and availability of parking spaces located beneath their respective units. Parking not allowed under cottages.
m. Default/Breach By Tenant: In the event of any default hereunder on the part of the tenant, his family, servant, guests, invitees, or should tenant, his family, servant, guests, invitees occupy the subject premises in violation of any local, state or federal law and/or in violation of the regulation or ordinance issued or promulgated by landlord or Sea & Sun Condominium Owner’s Association, said event shall be considered a breach of this rental agreement and Landlord shall have the right to terminate this rental agreement by any and all methods allowed by law. Tenant’s breach of the peace shall be an immediate cause for termination of the rental agreement and tenant agrees that he/she will forfeit all monies paid.
n. Jurisdiction & Venue: Tenant agrees that the laws of the state of Alabama shall apply, and tenant agrees and submits to the jurisdiction of Baldwin County, Alabama, as the proper venue for resolution of any disputes arising from this rental agreement. Tenant agrees, consents and stipulates that this rental agreement is deemed executed in the state of Alabama.
Booking this unit and/or payment of monies (deposits, rental fees, etc.) constitute lawful execution of this rental agreement even though actual handwritten signatures are absent.