Must be 25 years old to book.
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between David and Kristi Haley, Owners of Slow Mocean Retreat (“Slow Mocean”) and GUEST, (“Guest”) as of the electronic acceptance date of this booking. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is furnished and includes household appliances, furnishings, decorations, artwork, linens, towels, kitchenware, audio/video equipment and personal property.
2. Rental Party/Maximum Occupancy: The rental party shall be limited to the number listed on the rental reservation. The maximum number of guests is limited to 10 persons for Slow Mocean, unless a specific written exemption has been made by Owner. An additional charge of $100 minimum per person per night for guests in addition to above guests may be assessed. At all times during said rental period, Guest agrees to have no more than the allowed number of guests for occupancy (including children). If more than the stated number of guests are found to be occupying the unit, without prior written permission, Owner has the right to terminate this contract and Guest will forfeit all monies paid, including rent, cleaning, and deposits.
3. Term of the Lease. The rental period begins at 4pm local on the dates in the reservation and will end at 10am local, on the checkout date. Check in time is 4pm local and check out time is 10am local.
4. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Addendum A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. Should Guest violate these rules, Owner reserves the right to cancel this rental immediately with no refund due to Guest.
5. Noise: Guest understands and agrees that they and all members of their rental party will be respectful to our neighbors, and not create a nuisance to the occupants of neighboring homes. Any violation of this rental agreement and Guest will be required to leave immediately, with no refund for any unused rental time.
6. Access: Guest shall allow Owner or its representatives access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Owner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
7. Rental Rate and Fees: The rental rate shall be as stated on booking platform.
8. Security Deposit: Guest shall deposit a security deposit per the terms of booking platform for any damages to the property. Said security deposit shall be returned to Guest after departure, less any deductions for damages. In addition, should said damages exceed coverage, Guest hereby assumes all liability for reimbursement to Owner for any damages caused by Guest and their party within 5 (five) business days of receipt of invoice from Owner.
9. Condition of Property: Guest shall return the premises in the same condition as received. As a part of the rental agreement, Guest will pay the cleaning fee which includes normal “turn” cleaning. Guest agrees they will be responsible for excessive additional cleaning if needed, and hereby agrees to have excessive cleaning deducted from their security deposit, at Owner’s sole discretion. Guest also agrees to leave the property in good condition with all items, furniture, etc. in the same place as where they found them upon move in.
10. Cancellation Policy: Guests are advised that cancellation policy shall be enforced as described on the booking platform.
11. No Assignment or Subletting: This Agreement shall not be assigned, nor the premises sublet without the prior written consent of the Owner. Guest acknowledges that they will personally occupy the property for the entire lease or rental period and will not sublet any portion of the property. Violation of these terms shall give Owner the right to immediately evict Guest or Guest’s subtenant and terminate this Agreement, and Guest will forfeit any right of return of any monies paid to date including any security deposit.
12. Indemnification: Guest agrees to indemnify Owner and Owner’s Agent and save Owner and Owner’s Agent from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees in connection with the loss of life, personal injury, illness, and/or damage to the property arising from or out of any occurrence in, upon, or about the premises, occasioned by an act or omission by Owner, Owner’s Agent, Guest or other occupants. OWNER and OWNER’S AGENT SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OR INJURY to Guest or Guests: It is expressly understood and agreed that Owner and Owner’s Agent will not be liable for any damages or injury to Guest or other occupants and their property from whatever cause arising from the occupancy of said premises, both inside and outside of the house, whether on the property or elsewhere. THE SUPERVISION AND SAFETY OF ALL CHILDREN ARE THE DIRECT RESPONSIBILITY OF GUEST OR PARENTS, OR CARETAKERS OF ANY CHILDREN ON THE PREMISES, including but not limited to decks, pool, stairs, steps, water frontage and any and all other activities on the premises or offered by the rental. Guest specifically accepts ALL liability for use of beach equipment, such as Stand-Up Paddleboards and life jackets, on or around the property or beach, gulf or lagoon and understands that Owner and Owner’s Agent shall have no liability from any accidents, injuries, or death that may result from the proper or improper use of said equipment. Guest accepts said liability by voluntary use of said equipment.
13. Entire Agreement: This document and any attached addenda constitute the entire agreement between the parties. No oral statements shall be binding. This Agreement may only be amended by a written document duly executed by all parties. It is the intention of the parties that if any portion of this Agreement is invalid for any reason, such invalidity shall not void the remainder of the Rental Agreement.
14. GUEST ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY HAVE REVIEWED AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT and the Rules and Regulations attached, and agree to be bound by them.
15. Guest and Owner acknowledge that this document is available for review on the booking platform and is implied that this Agreement is legally binding acceptance of all terms and conditions, the same as if Guest had executed the Agreement in person.
By making a reservation at Rocky River Lodge, Guest agrees that Guest and Guest’s party will abide by these Rules and Regulations, as well as any other Rules and Regulations posted on the property.
1. The Guest understands and agrees that the Owner and/or Owner’s Agent of Slow Mocean Retreat are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Guest specifically indemnifies and holds the Owner and Owner’s Agent harmless from any liability. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. If all guests on this reservation do not personally sign this waiver of liability, then the primary renter accepts liability for all guests and hereby waives any Owner or Owner Agent liability on their behalf.
2. Owners have locked closets for their personal possessions and extras for the rental. These closets are private and are not to be opened by tenants or guests under any circumstances.
3. Owner and/or Owner’s Agent are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
4. Access to the property will be available at 4pm local time, the starting day of your rental. Guest will be given a code for the keypad on the door, for private access to the property. The code will be provided to you prior to check in.
5. People other than those in the Guest party set forth in the Rental Agreement may not stay overnight in the property. The property shall not be used for gatherings of any kind (i.e. dinner parties, weddings, etc.) for anyone other than registered Guests without advance express written permission of the Owner.
6. Guest promises to keep the property and all furnishings in good order and to leave the property in the same (or better) condition than when it was rented.
7. Guest promises to only use appliances and amenities of the vacation rental for their intended uses.
8. A rental how-to is provided online through an app for instructions on use of stand-up paddleboards, beach equipment, thermostat, and other house notes. Guest will abide by instructions for use of such items.
9. Children: Slow Mocean Retreat is family friendly and welcomes children who are respectful of the property. Parents hereby agree to supervise their children both indoors and outdoors, especially in and around the beach equipment, balconies, stairs, steps, pool, beach, ocean and lagoon.
10. Gas Fireplace: There is no fireplace.
11. Plumbing: The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. Please use only the toilet tissue that is provided. If there is a clog in the system, Guest will be charged damages accordingly.
12. Ocean / Lagoon: The ocean, beach and lagoon are a tremendous amenity that brings fun activities and ambiance to Slow Mocean Retreat, but can be very dangerous. Guest agrees to assume all liability from said use and hereby indemnifies Owner.
13. Pool: Guest understands that a pool is available on the property for their private community use. Guest assumes any and all liability from use of said pool. Guest is aware that consuming alcoholic beverages while in the pool may increase the alcoholic effect of the alcohol. Guest will keep the pool gate closed and locked, and will supervise any children when using the pool. By using the pool, Guest agrees to assume all liability from said use and hereby indemnifies Owner.
14. Weather: Slow Mocean Retreat is located in a beach setting. While the road is typically clear and accessible in any vehicle, rain, tropical storms, and/or hurricane weather is possible during certain months. We cannot refund anything due to road conditions, weather conditions, internet outages, television outages or power outages caused by inclement weather. Travel insurance is recommended.
15. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
16. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS: No refunds will be given for storms. If your vacation is during the summer months, please be prepared and watch the weather forecast for tropical storms and /or hurricanes. We do not refund due to road conditions, weather or other acts of God or items for which we cannot control.
17. WEATHER CONDITIONS: Tenants are notified that this home is in a beach location where weather conditions may affect the property. Walkways, driveways, sidewalks, stairs, etc. may be slippery due to moisture, humidity, or rain. These areas may be slippery even when they do not appear to be. It is advised that caution be used. Please step carefully on all outdoor surfaces.
18. Pets: No pets are permitted at Slow Mocean Retreat at any time, not even visiting pets, inside or outside. Penalties and/or cancellation of reservation without refund will be enforced.
19. Smoking: Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on the entire property.
20. Alcoholic Beverages & Drugs: Guest agrees that there will be no illegal activities on the premises, including but not limited to: possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by anyone under the age of 21; or the possession or use of any illegal drugs. Additionally, Guest accepts full responsibility and liability and hereby indemnifies Owner and/or Owner’s agents for anything that happens in reference to Guest and/or Guest’s party partaking of any alcoholic beverages or drugs on the property.
21. Fireworks: Although fireworks may be legal in Alabama, they are not permitted at Slow Mocean Retreat or neighborhood at any time. By making a reservation at Slow Mocean Retreat, Guest agrees that Guest and Guest’s party will abide by these Rules and Regulations, as well as any other Rules and Regulations posted on the property.